Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Creamy Cauliflower Soup

This soup is good.  So, so good.  I made it for the first time this weekend.  It's supposed to serve eight, yet four of us managed to split it as an appetizer.  Todd loved it so much that we made it again tonight, although this time the two of us ate the whole thing!  Might use less butter and sour cream next time so I don't feel so guilty when I eat 4x the amount I should.  I accompanied it with cabbage sauteed in water and seasoned with salt and pepper, so we had a completely colorless yet tasty meal!
P.S. I wanted to take a picture of something for y'all, but Todd and I literally ate everything...we'll work on it.


Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Serves 8, or 2 greedy adults
(From Pink of Perfection)
This soup can be made two days ahead of time. Just wait until you’re reheating it to add the sour cream.


2 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 head cauliflower, florets separated and stems chopped
½ cup white wine
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup sour cream
chives or scallion greens to garnish


Melt the butter in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, cauliflower, salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is softened, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add the white wine and cook for 1 minute, then add the stock and cook until the cauliflower is very tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Purée the soup in a blender in batches. Stir in the sour cream, adjust the seasoning if necessary, and garnish.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny!
    I would just like to tell you that I made this soup for a Thanksgiving party and it was a total hit! Love your website!!! I am glad to see you are super happy :)
    Best always,
    -Lydda L.
    (please continue with the great recipes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lydda! I'm glad the soup went over well!

    ReplyDelete