Sunday, March 18, 2012

Stubb's Sauce Chicken Sandwich (the butcher's recipe)

Last week, I had a major breakthrough at the grocery store.  And by that, I can only be talking about the fact that the butcher and I are now on a first-name basis.

When I saw him again today, he told me to make this:

Sandwiches made by Todd

Here's what you do: buy a rotisserie chicken. Take off the skin then shred the chicken with your hands.  Add chopped green onion.  Add Stubb's wing sauce (go easy, it's spicy!).  Mix.  Toast two slices of sourdough bread.  On a plate, spoon some of the chicken mixture onto one slice of bread and place the other slice of bread next to it.  Heat in the microwave then place the other slice of bread on the chicken mixture.


Admittedly, that's not exactly what the butcher said.  I think the butcher butters the bread then adds cheese and grills everything on the stove.  Our version probably came out a bit drier than his, but I liked it just fine.  Sorry, that's an understatement.  This sandwich was amazing, one of the best things I've had all year (this and this are the other two).  And I don't even like sandwiches. 

As a note, I've never used Stubb's sauce before, but as you can see by the bottle, it's clearly legit.  Actually, I really have no idea, but the butcher told us to use this brand, and after eating this sandwich, I put my faith in his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment