We love this naan! It's super doughy and tastes amazing dipped in saag paneer! And you probably already have the ingredients on hand, so it's the perfect thing to make you have no food in your house!
We are always running out of food around here, probably not least in part because law school makes me eat too much of it! Anyway, sometimes it means that we eat raw steel cut oats as a snack. It's super weird, I know. But now, we'll have something new to munch on! yay!
5-minute Naan from (never home)maker
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup water
- Whisk together the bread flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add the water and stir. Then knead with your hands for a minute or two. If dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour.
- Dough should be smooth and elastic. Divide into 4 balls the stretch out it out a bit.
- Spritz a frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium-low heat. When hot, place one of the pre-naans on it. Press down a bit with your hands or a utensil. Cook until golden.
- Then flip and cook until golden. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut each piece into 4 triangles.
- Serves between 2 and 4 people. Each piece (divide into 4 triangles) is about 140 calories