Friday, May 27, 2011

Japanese Style Rice with Edamame


Listen up friends.  This meal is awesome, especially if you're like me and love edamame.  It's also pretty much effortless with a rice cooker.  Oh, and if you'd like, you could also add about a half cup of hijiki, wakame, or kombu seaweed, but that's spendy...

Plus, I think I need glasses.  Law school did this to me, I'm 99.9% sure.
But I'm kind of excited because I want cute green frames.  
Besides, I've always thought glasses were marvelous. 
In middle school, I bought fake glasses at Claire's and wore them to school.  Soooo cool.

Ingredients 
1 cup dry rice
Package of dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in water and roughly chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
12 tablespoons dark sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 package of frozen edamame (could also use less)
Directions
Cook rice in rice cooker.  Once cooked, transfer rice to a large pot and add chopped mushrooms, sesame oil, soy sauce, and edamame.  Stir and season with additional soy sauce and sesame oil, if desired.  Serve in a bowl with chopsticks and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment